VIA goMobile, powered by moovel, will help facilitate more than 40 million annual trips taken on the VIA Metropolitan Transit system
SAN ANTONIO, Texas, and PORTLAND, Ore. – June 28, 2017 — moovel North America, the leading provider of mobile ticketing solutions, and VIA Metropolitan Transit, San Antonio’s public transport system, today announced the launch of the VIA goMobile mobile ticketing app, powered by moovel. By partnering with moovel, VIA will access an entire platform of moovel transit solutions designed to reduce the cost of fare collection and increase access to data insights that improve transit service.
goMobile reaffirms VIA’s commitment to rider experience by eliminating the need for passengers to carry cash or wait in line to buy a ticket. Instead, riders can use goMobile to turn their smartphone into both a ticket machine and ticket to purchase, store, and activate their fares and monthly passes. VIA Metropolitan Transit will also use moovel’s back-office mobile ticketing management system, TOMS, to make transit management easy and efficient.
“VIA is proud to be one of the most innovative transit systems in the country, committed to making moving around San Antonio convenient and enjoyable. We partnered with moovel to deliver the very best in mobile ticketing for passengers,” said Steve Young, VIA Vice President of Information Technology. “Our partnership with moovel will provide our riders with a proven and sophisticated mobile ticketing platform that will enhance and facilitate a better and faster experience in and around the Greater San Antonio Region.”
With goMobile, VIA customers can now enjoy:
- 24/7 Purchasing Capabilities– Riders can purchase fares on their phones at any time, giving them the option of making a transaction at their leisure; there are no additional fees to use the app when purchasing fares
- Secure and Reliable– Full compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards for secure mobile transactions
- Family-Friendly– Multiple tickets and passes can be stored and activated on one phone, making it easy for families and friends traveling together
- Future Use Ticketing– Multiple tickets and different types of passes can be stored for future use so passengers can avoid the hassle of purchasing a new ticket every time they ride
- Flexible Fare Management– Riders can manage their goMobile account on a mobile device and online, with the added flexibility of using VIA’s free system–wide 4G LTE Wi-Fi to access their account while making a trip or visiting a Transit Center
“The benefits of mobile ticketing are clear: reduced fare collection costs for transit agencies and improved rider experience and quality of life. We’re excited to partner with VIA San Antonio as they lead the charge towards delivering the very best in modernized, convenient rider experiences,” said Nat Parker, CEO of moovel North America. “Public transit passengers deserve a high-quality and low-stress experience, and we look forward to supporting VIA as they exceed expectations for what mobile ticketing can deliver.”
moovel is the market leader in mobile ticketing solutions, which riders around the world use to book one mobility service every two seconds. moovel solutions integrate complex back-office environments to support advanced fare collection and simplify transit agency operations with real-time analytics and transaction insights. Even more, moovel connects rider experiences through complementary partnerships and technical integrations, making urban mobility easy and intuitive.
VIA provides regional multimodal transportation options that connect our community to opportunity, support economic vitality, and enhance quality of life throughout our region. VIA, recognized by the Texas Transit Association in 2016 as the outstanding Metro Transit Authority of the year, serves 14 member cities and the unincorporated areas of Bexar County, operating seven days a week on 90 routes. Last year, VIA provided 40 million rides across the region. VIA’s AAA bond rating reflects the organization’s sound management and financial practices. Visit VIAinfo.net for more information. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.